Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving!!!

My most amazing husband threw me a "suprise" birthday party on April 24th. Suprise in that I complained all week about how this was my 30th and it wasn't going to be a big deal and yada yada yada. So come Friday I decided to plan my own birthday since it didn't seem like he was because he has been so busy with work and school. (Which is no excuse) ( And yes, he started the Becker's program to take his CPA exam). So I started coming up with my own ideas and everything I said he told me didn't sound fun. I was apalled, afterall it is MY birthday. So he was coerced into telling me he had planned a "family bbq". Sounded fun to me. But what I didn't know (after swimming ALL DAY with my kids, and looking just lovely) people started showing up in my backyard. And yes, I was in my swim suit. I started to panic a little, but oh well. It was SO much fun and I love my brothers (including in-laws) and sisters who helped plan this party for me! It was such a special birthday! I love you so much Josh! Thank you!!!!!


About a month before I told him I wanted to throw myself a "thirty, flirty, and thriving" party
I wanted to end the night watching that movie... but I was pooped!
My handsome little man
My sassy little daughter, in her "teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini"

Steph planned a couple games, this was the egg toss. I lost, with the egg breaking all over my shoulder and hair... hey, atleast the egg is good for the hair!
Joel, Candice, Steph
Marie and Sara
Me and Jamie

Me and Kel
Jamie and Johnny
THE WINNERS OF THE EGG TOSS
Me and Katie and Tate
Me, my bro Dale, my sis Steph

Me and Shanda

My lovely face while everyone was singing to me, it was rather embarrassing

Me and my hot lover! Thanks so much babe! I love you!

P.S. Yes, that is remnants of my nasty bruise on my shoulder from Josh beating me the week before. JUST KIDDING! I had a little fall, with a nasty bruise.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

It was a fun party! Josh scored brownie points for sure. You need to inform everyone who won the egg toss... The Poulsen's did, oh yes!

Laura said...

YOU MAKE 30 LOOK GREAT! I'm so glad you had a fun party, and it's even better since you grumbled about it first... LOL! Love it!
You look fantastic girl!

Marissa said...

Looks like a fun party! Glad you got to have a nice time with family and friends. I join that club later this summer..... :)

Sommer said...

Looks fun... wish I was there!
p.s. the Curtis's would of destroyed the Poulsen's!

Queen of Kings said...

What a great hubby! I love that you were planning your own party and he kept shooting down the ideas... I can hear that conversation ha ha Looks like you had a great time!

Monica said...

I wish I could have been there! You look fantastic and I hope you had a very merry birthday!!!

k and j said...

Hope you had fun! What an awesome hubby!!!!! I have been hinting to mine that I want a little partay ;) in September. 30, can you even believe it???

Dartay said...

You are either pregs again or you get better with age! I know you will disagree but I think you look gorgeous and glowy without makeup I'm serious, hot girl!
Looks like such a great party, I wish Josh would have flown us out ;) next year! Happy bday, miss ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so sad we missed this great party :( You look great! Josh tried his hardest to get us there, if it had been any other weekend we totally would have been there. I love and miss you and am so glad you had a great birthday!

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Looks like you had an awesome party! I am so jealous of your Arizona weather!!! We really need some warm days over here. Your kiddos are so darling:)

THE HENDRICKS said...

Happy Late Birthday!Looks like tonz of Fun!