Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gila pronounced "Hee-la" Valley Temple

If you are LDS and live in AZ you probably know this beautiful temple will be dedicated to the Lord this Sunday, May 23rd. I feel so blessed to have attended another open house to one of these beautiful buildings. They truly are exquisite sanctuaries where one may feel peace and holiness. As I walked through this remarkable building I was once again reminded of the special feeling I feel when something is good. I was overwhelmed with love and peace and assurance that there is a God. He is aware this building has been built for the work of our ancestors to be done. He knows it is important, as do I. Though few may see its exceptional beauty inside, I hope I always remember how important it is for me to attend often. I was overwhelmed with love and admiration for the righteous and dedicated saints of the Gila Valley and surrounding areas in making it possible for this Holy House to be built. I am blessed to be a descendent of such strong, amazing people. My grandma Lilly and grandpa Ned are buried in Pima. I enjoyed paying tribute to their lives and visiting their grave. I love and miss them tremendously.
Those of us who were able to attend, am I really that much shorter than my mom? wowzer.
Doesn't it look so pretty against the Graham mountains? You'd think so if you are from here, mountains are a rareity!

Beautiful day and delicious mexican food, can't beat that!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You mean it's not "gee-la"? lol, I love temple open houses!! So glad you guys got to go!!

Love ya!