Thursday, May 13, 2010

My first Triatholon

May 8th marks the date of my first Sprint Triatholon. We swam 750 meters, biked 13.5 miles, and ran 3.2 miles. It was challenging-- but totally worth it! I decided back in January that I wanted to train for it. From January til April our family was sick 4 times, had bronchitis 2x, made 2 trips to the ER, both kids had double ear infections - TWICE, and I fell and hit my shoulder. I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it! I didn't get to train the way I wanted to, but I worked hard, and I really gave my best on race day. I feel so great that I was able to do it, and as I have heard from others, triatholons are addicting, and I am excited for my next one. (Hopefully it will be in a pool, instead of the nasty lake).

This was the transition area
Me getting marked, my number was 221
Sara and I, the girl who got me to do it!
A couple other friends that I found out were doing it, Amber and Marianne
They wrote our ages on our calves, which turned out to be a bad thing for me because I got to see how many people were older than me zipping by. I'm not in that great of shape I guess!
My family came to support me!
My sweet hubs
Adjusting to the water temp






I finished! My time was 2 hrs. 7 min. I wasn't really going for a time so I have no idea if that is even good, but I didn't care, my goal was to make it.

Special Thanks to my sister and sister in law for getting up super early on a Saturday morning to help me out with my kids! you guys are the best!

17 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

Natalie,
You are a ROCK STAR!! You go girl! You did it and you look AMAZING! Good for you! Makes me want to try one :)

tracey said...

Way to go Natalie!! That is awesome. Congratulations on your best triathalon time. That's what I love about doing something the first time... it is your best time ever! (Next time you feel you have to beat it...) Have plans for antoher?

Jamie said...

You did awesome. I totally want to do one! Some day! Good job.

Shawna said...

It doesn't matter if you didn't get much time to train before the triathlon. Waking up at 5:30 every morning to do step aerobics when we lived in buddy gave you the tools you need to succeed at anything. Right? Ha!

I think it's awesome that you finished. That would be my goal too. I really want to do a triathlon, I've heard they are the best motivators to keep you going.

Great job!

Craig and Lindsay said...

YOU ARE NUTS! PS you have AMAZING legs! Love you Nat!

Tiff Hunt said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! That is amazing! I am super impressed. Congratulations! I hope you got yourself a yummy massage afterwards!!

Monica said...

WAHOOOO! Congratulations girl! I am so proud of you and I want to tell you that you look absolutely AMAZING! Wow! Just keep up the good work and keep inspiring me lady! You are beautiful inside and out and I love you so much!!!
:)

Marissa said...

Great job Natalie!

Riley + Tarryn said...

Way to go! I was there too, but I wimped out and did a relay... I only had to swim and I was still pooped! I admire you!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

I did a triathlon there before. It wasn't the Red Rock, but it was at Tempe Town lake. I was totally ibby jibbied to swim in there, but it wasn't that bad once you get in, huh?

You look so good! And you make me want to do another one! You rock! :)

Dartay said...

Woo hoo, that is awesome Nat! Way to go, I'm impressed. I have been really wanting to do one, wish you were here to kick my butt into shape!

tiare said...

Nat you look AMAZING! Way to go girl!!!
P.S. What training schedule did you use...I'm thinking of doing one!

Laura said...

FIrst of all -- WAY TO GO!!!! You did so great, and I can't believe you did that after your shoulder, and being sick, you're so awesome!!

Second of all -- you look FaNtAsTiC!! You look all sporty & happy in every picture!

I'm proud of you Nats!

Unknown said...

Way to go Nat! That's so awesome. And look at those hottie hottie legs of yours! Not fair. Your kids are so beautiful. Looks like life is going great. Can't wait to see you all again in another month...

Ben said...

I am pretty sure I saw your head bobbing above the water. Or it could've been someone else. Either way congrats on the accomplishment!

Jill Lewis said...

Oh my heavens woman! You rock. Great job.

THE HENDRICKS said...

Your amazing Nat! That sounds awesome. Tarryn and I are planning to start getting in shape and getting ready to do a full triathalon next year, after we have our babys and all:) Way to go girl!