Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas and Temple Lights 09

Christmas this year was merry and bright. We did many fun things together as a family and it was truly wonderful. I love having my kids. Even though Lilly didn't really get it, she went around saying ho ho ho, and singing "up on the housetop" HER RENDITION. Its still going...

We feel so blessed and grateful for the people we know, the things we have, and the life we live. It really couldn't get much better. I feel so grateful to my Savior. I love Him. And I need to rely on Him more. I love the time to reflect and to also feel the spirit of His birth and what that represents to the world and what it represents to me personally. I loved seeing the temple lights and walking on the special grounds this Christmas. There are a lot of pictures in this post. Hope you enjoy them!









Christmas Eve is a memorable time for me every year. For as long as I can remember we act out a play my dad narrates about Samuel the Lamanite (from the Book of Mormon) and how he prophecied that Christ would indeed come to the earth in a miraculous way. Nephi (also from the BOM) also prophecies of the signs of His coming. And then of course Luke's account of Joseph and Mary and the birth of our Savior. Each of us play a special part. Lilly was an angel, and Tate was baby Jesus. Josh was Nephi this year. And I was Mary. After the play, we have a talent show where everyone performs a song of some sort either by voice, piano, or guitar. We sing carols and eat yummy food. After the sentimental part we end the evening with Home Alone. I love these traditions. I hope they last forever and that we can always be apart of them.
Lilly was lovin the carrots with ranch dip
Uncle Nate and Lil
I couldn't pick which one was the cutest so I put all 3. I hate to say it but as of now, Dale is definately the absolute fav to lilly!


So everywhere we go its usually Josh, Dale and I with our kids. And time and time again everyone thinks these 2 are brothers and I married into the family. Not so much in this picture, but they look soo much alike, even the same outfits!
Josh as Nephi. Don't ask about the bou-font on top of his head.
The narrator himself, Jerry Leroy.
Aunt Steph and Tatey
Nate as Samuel
Lilly climbing all over the presents during the play, she as usual was on her best behavior.
The best present I received this year..
Where's Tatey?
Steph bought Lilly and I matching pajamas. Lilly was beside herself. I'm giving a creepy face.
Christmas Morning, gotta love that hair!

What a beauty

Lilly was spoiled... she got a bike
and a big girl potty...
and a wagon
and an Elmo phone that says "Good afternoon.... Lilly"
My sweet little present
Jer Bear in his usual position in the morning, even on Christmas, while everyone was slaving away making breakfast! ha ha

my mom enjoying her snuggie she got for Christmas, anyone else get one?

The breakfast Crew.

Last Christmas the family pic was Josh, Lil, and I.. this year its Josh, Lil, Tate and I..., next year its going to be Josh, Lil, Tate, and baby # 3!!!!!!!
JUST KIDDING! ha ha

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my I hope you are kidding on that last comment.
Tate's Christmas vest is DARLING!
Lily's hair is to die for. Cute pictures. :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love the matching jammies - too cute! And love Lilly's leggings. :) Looks like a great time spent with family. We got our parents Snuggies this year, too. And I wouldn't be surprised if baby #3 made his/her way into the fam this year! :) Love you!

Monica said...

Those pig-tails stickin' straight out! LOVE THEM! Haha...and the SNUGGIE! Muah haha...love that too! :) I loved the picture of Tate under the tree. Those were all great! I miss talking to you! Give me your phone number pronto! I don't think the one I have works.

Anonymous said...

You're such a jerk! I totally thought you were serious about being pregnant...brat! Great to see you all having such a beautiful family Christmas together. Happy New Year!!! Hope it's filled w/many more blessings!

Love,
Celeste (and my family, or course)

Tiff Hunt said...

Your kids are SO cute!! Lily's hair cracks me up!! Ady has the same WILD hair. I love it! Your little Tate is so adorable!! I love the PJ's you got. I love owls. I think your brother and hubby look a ton a like too! I thought they were brothers until I read different. So funny! I'm glad you had a great Christmas!!

Marie said...

You say you're just kidding, but you just watch...next year there will be another little Hill in that family picture!

Queen of Kings said...

Love all your pics! I have been waiting for an update and this one was well worth the wait. Looks like you had a great time with great traditions I am sure your family loves having you so close! Lilly and Tate are darling you can just keep having babies if they are that cute! It might make you mental but I am sure the sacrifice is worth it right :)

Laura said...

Lilly totally has your morning hair -- I love it! Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas!! Missed (and miss) ya!