Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

The Thanksgiving season was wonderful this year. Josh took the financial part of the CPA exam last Tuesday. He has been getting up at 530 every morning, studying for a couple hours, getting ready for work and working sometimes 13 hour days, not getting home until 9 or 10 at night. With no lunch breaks to boot! We appreciate and love him so much for all he does for our family. I love that I am able to stay home and be with my kids. They are such a joy for me. I can't believe how big they are getting. They are so bright. They love to learn. They love to laugh. They love to have fun. I love being with them.

We have so much to be thankful for. We have good healthy bodies. We have wonderful family and friends. We have a warm house and cars that don't cause us any trouble. We have clothes on our backs and good food to eat. We have a religion that fulfills our needs and teaches us how to be happy and together. We have people who care about us and love us. I know there are many in this world who can't say they have these things, to them I wish I could make that difference in their lives, to me, I am tremendously grateful for what I have.

I hope as this season of caring, giving, and love continues on that my heart will be full of gratitude. That I won't forget those who are less fortunate. That I won't take my family and what WE have for granted. I love my Savior. I know He lives. And I am grateful for Him and what His life means to me. It is personal and it is deep.

This time of year really brings out the best in us all doesn't it? I pray this year, it lasts a little longer... that when all the decorations are down, gifts are unwrapped, and lights are put away that I can hold on to the Christmas spirit and of love, kindness, and service far into the coming year. I hope all of you, my friends and family have a wonderful Christmas Holiday. This family of four sure loves you!

4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Well aren't we being mushy? Just kidding. We really are so blessed and I love the holiday season too. Love you guys!

Laura said...

I second that Nat -- :)We all definitely have MUCH to be thankful for. HOpe you all had a wonderful holiday! Love ya!

Dartay said...

:) Beautifully put, Love ya.

Unknown said...

Were you trying to make me cry? I love you Nat. I love your hubby and I love your kids. I love that we can have fun with you and still feel the spirit. It shines from you. I am so grateful to have friends like you and Josh... just wish we were closer! {haha. I know, I saw that all the time, but it's true. Friends like you should be kept close.}