Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why did Grandma have to leave??
















I was so lucky to have my mom come and stay with us for a week and a half! It truly was a blessing because so many difficult things happened and we totally needed her help and knowledge to get through them. I think we all became attatched to eachother throughout the week, and ended up with a pretty good system. My mom did the housework, I took care of the baby, and Josh did everything else! Including getting the most sleep! LUCKY! So... basically the point is, yesterday was a nightmare! Lilly was so fussy and I was so tired and worn out, so I am attributing it to Grandma leaving. Lilly was feeling separation anxiety! I just want to say thank you to my mom for everything. I have been told by EVERYONE since I was 15 that I would one day appreciate my mom. Boy oh boy do I ever. In fact I am intimidated by her "mom skills" and only hope that some day I can be half as good as she is. Mom, I love you so much and am so grateful that you came to help. I appreciate your example in everything and your advice. I have a long way to go in becoming like you! Hopefully some day... P.S. WHO THINKS SHE LOOKS LIKE A GRANDMA?????


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Mom is one of the most gorgeous Grandmas I know. I hope I look as good as she does when I'm a Grandma! Isn't it amazing the instant gratitude we gain for all of the many things our Mothers have done for us?!! Everyone needs at least one child so that they can fully appreciate their own Mother! Hope you guys can find a new rutine soon. It's tough. Let the house work slip. Tell all that come to visit this:
"If you want to visit my house, make an appointment, if you want to come see me, come anytime." Just enjoy that little baby. Lilly will grow up before you know it. It's really sad how fast it happens. Love you guys.

Dartay said...

She looks like she should be the mama! It was so good to see you two today. Lilly is precious and you really do look great! Love ya girl!

Marissa said...

I never appreciated my mom more than when I became a mother myself. It really helps you understand how she must feel about you. Good luck with the transition to mommyhood. It's not always a smooth one, but definitely a worthwhile effort! :)

Brad said...

I remember thinking the same thing when Grandma Cook left - Don't go!
Lilly is looking great.