Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Lovely Lake Powell 2009

Well this years Lake Powell trip was quite an adventure! Being that I am due in 3 weeks, I consider myself pretty brave to even camp anyway, so the added excitement that took place almost sent this sister into labor! We arrived about 2 a.m. to Page on Wednesday night checked into a hotel and waited for the gang from AZ to arrive. The next morning we combined all our gear, bought food, and headed out to the beauty. It was slow moving at 9 miles an hour with the boat barely afloat with all our stuff, but my bro Dale, stud that he is, got us to our camp spot like a champ. We put up a pretty sweet camp, shoveling and raking thorns and thistles, while putting up tents, building a fire, anchoring the boat, setting up shade, and getting our dinner in the dutch oven. We all worked as a team and got it done, yes, even without our parents. The next morning Dale, Josh, Lil, and I set off to go pick up Mom and Dad at the Marina. About 1o minutes to the dock the boat shuts off. WHAT?! Finally a little man tugs us to the dock, and the day begins. Long story short, 7 hours later, the mechanic tells us that he can't fix the boat, and we are S.O.L. AND, waweep stopped renting boats at 2:30 which is like 2 hours too late. We find a "party barge" at Antelope Marina... With 2 hours until dark, we make it in the nic of time back to our camp. The day was a blast to say the least. This left us with one day of fun. So that is where all these pictures come from! It was a memory for better or worse we won't forget, but I was so impressed with how well my family came together as a team to make lemonade out of a whole tree of sour lemons. Everyone was such a wonderful help with Lilly! So here is to a fantastic trip in 2010!
To prove their manhood, the boys decided to move a boulder down the mountain.
Wasn't as easy as it looked I guess... the rock rolled once.

Lilly hated the wave runner. Can you tell?


Josh had fun fishing. We all thought it was hilarious.. he did catch a couple fish.... but with a fishing pole. Better luck with the bow next year I guess!
I guess Grandpa's trainer is really working him out!




Lilly and her first experience with a lizard. Claire carried this lizard on her back for who knows how long, along with picking up geese and carrying them around the marina. I have now come up with her new name as mother goose. Atleast Lilly will be able to experience creatures and animals with her aunt!How sweet... 35 years folks! What an accomplishment!

Still hating it...

Daddy's girl...




We love you all la familia. Glad we are together forever.

11 comments:

Marissa said...

You guys are always going somewhere! Wish we had that kind of vacation time. Hehe. :) Beautiful pictures. :)

Jen and Grant said...

You are due in 3 weeks and your down at Lake Powell?? Are you kidding me? I salute you. It looks like a blast down there.

k and j said...

Fun but CRAZY. Wow. I am soooo jealous you are due so soon :/ arghh! Please post about it as soon as you can! I can't wait to see you with a BOY haha. It will be sooooo different, get ready!

Laura said...

At least the wave runners were fun!! I'm shocked bouncing up & down on that sucker didn't put you into labor. Oh well, at least you're close!!

Claire Mills said...

Hee hee i am trying to teach Lily to bring home creatures for you.. i hope it works.

Dartay said...

I love the look on Lilly's face when she is on the wave runner, classic! You are a serious trooper to do back to back trips! I hope you're feeling better, missed ya tonight but good to see ya today.

Anonymous said...

good way to sum it all up nat!!!
I was impressed with the fam too. it already took several hours working together, i couldn't imagine if it were only a few folks. heaven forbid!!! i love the pic of dad flexing. i will have you know he made me take that picture. hahahah!!! dad is a strong man, we can't underestimate him. all the pics look amazing, good job!!!! I am surprised as well you did not go into labor, although when you guys disappeared it did cross my mind that was what had happened. good thing it didnt!!! that would have been even crazier!!
love ya!!
xoxo

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! Glad you were still able to have a good time and make the trip worth it!

Bri!!! said...

Oh my goodness she is DEFINITELY cute enough. I pulled up your blog the other day to show Dan how cute she is. Could you imagine the kids they could make in the future?

Marie said...

unfortunately my dear, you do have to enter each blog site to get that new tracker thing on here...sucks I know!
When do you come here?

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys have had a great few weeks! Hope everything is going great. Josh was talking to Anth and sya you guys might come up on the fourth for raspberry days. That would be fun but I told him not to count on it, you'll be due any day! Email me or call me if you guys think you really might, then we can get something planned. Who knows, that baby might be craving a raspberry shake!